Thursday 2 January 2014

NYE

Hello everyone! Well, I guess that's it; 2013 is officially over. Is it just me that still doesn't quite believe that and finds it quite difficult to even say 2014 aloud. I'm not looking forward to going back to college as I know I'm going to struggle to write the date. Even in the final days before we broke up for Christmas break I was getting the date wrong, both month and year. The most memorable occasion was when I wrote 2010 on an exam. I'm clearly special. 

So, did you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve? Let me know all about it in the comments below! I actually love hearing about how people spend their day, especially when it's the polar opposite to how I spent mine. 

Mine was quite low key to be honest. Believe it or not, one of my most memorable moments was going to get some chocolate on the night of the 30th/early morning of the 31st at about 2am only to find this...


Our neighbours had kindly bought us a rather large box of chocolates for Christmas that consisted of two layers of chocolates. Both layers had the exact same amount and flavours so, to make it fair, I wrote my Mam's name across the top layer and mine along the bottom. This could come across as a bit OCD but I just really wanted my fair share of the chocolates, haha! It came as a bit of a shock to find PISS OFF written across my layer I'm not going to lie, but it was hilarious all the same. 

New Year's Eve was quite a chilled and relaxing affair for me, or at least much more relaxing than it usually is, but that didn't stop us from having fun! I spent it with two of my best friend's at Alba's house, and her family. Her family is Scottish and as her Grandparent's are over visiting at the minute, we had haggis and mash for tea! I wasn't sure how I'd find it, but I'm all for trying everything once and it turned out to be absolutely delicious! Everyone kept mentioning how spicy it was, which made me think I was eating something completely different, but I guess that's all thanks to my amazing taste buds that seem to be immune to spice...

We spent the night taking quite a few pictures (though not as many as we maybe would have liked!), playing charades as well as a few other family Christmassy games which thankfully went down well, without any arguments, set off some fireworks and, as usual, went along with the Spanish tradition of eating 12 grapes in 12 seconds. Only myself, Alba and Saoirse actually managed to achieve that last one.

At about 2am, me and the girls retired to Alba's room, got into our pjs and talked about what we'd all like to achieve and get out of 2014. It all got a bit deep if I'm honest and I was about one thought away from having an existential crisis. I'm pretty sure we all had a bit of an epiphany as well... What a wild start to the New Year... We also played the opposite emotions game (where you say two emotions which are on completely separate ends of the spectrum and then have to make a face involving those emotions) which was pretty hilarious before eventually going to bed at about 4am. Admittedly I tend to go to bed at 4am every night so I think I felt a bit better than everyone else the next day.

Here are some photos from my NYE.

For the first time ever, I was the one NOT wearing black. I was shocked and upset.
at least one of us is always picture ready...
my faves

getting ready to go and watch the fireworks which Alba's dad was setting off!
Alba - "this vodka smells like nail varnish remover"
Me - "WHAT HAVE I BEEN DRINKING"
Saoirse's first ever vodka shot! 
the opposite emotion game. I'm not too sure what this one was meant to be, but let's all appreciate my hello kitty socks and Alba's disgust at Saoirse's attempt. 
Please appreciate this.

So, that's it then! I hope you all have a wonderful 2014 and that it's everything you hope and wish for. Let's hope it's slightly better than 2013, even if you did have an amazing year.

❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment