Saturday 6 December 2014

Winter Essentials - Blogmas Day 6.

I can't believe that I've now done Seasonal Essentials for both Summer and Autumn now! Time really is going by so fast. I love all seasons; when it's Summer, I want Winter and when it's Winter, I want Summer. One of the main reasons I love Winter is obviously Christmas. There's nothing quite like the lead up to it. I doubt I'll ever get sick of it. But enough about that, here's my Winter essentials...


1. Hot Chocolate: Who doesn't love curling up in front of the fire on a cold, winters night with a fluffy blanket, your favourite pyjamas, a film and some hot chocolate? No one.


2. Christmas Pyjamas: Something that goes hand in hand with hot chocolate: winter pyjamas. I seem to own so many pairs of pyjamas that they don't actually all fit in my rather large drawer, but my favourite ones to wear around Christmas are the ones pictured below. Not only are they incredibly comfy and warm, but they also have snowmen and penguins on them. What's not to love?!


3. Berry Lips: The chances of finding me wearing a berry month during the Winter months is very high. Predictable, I know, but there's just something about it that makes me feel that extra bit happy. I know I've raved about it on here before, but my favourite is a Sephora Rouge Cream lipstick in the shade Crush. It will make you want to rule the World.


4. Glittery Eyeshadows: Because nothing quite says Christmas like sequins and glitter. Though I'm not quite the type to turn up to a Christmas party in a full on sequined dress, I do like to incorporate this look through eyeshadow. MAC, NARS and Bobbi Brown offer a great selection, as do KIKO if you're looking for something a little bit more purse friendly.


5. Burgundy Nails: There's nothing I love more than matching my nails to my lips. This probably has something to do with the fact I wear a lot of black, so this is a great way to add a pop of colour. Burgundy is also such a Christmas-esque colour. It doesn't quite explain why I need six very similar shades.


6. Boots: Everyone has a go to pair of boots during Winter months, mainly because they're so good at keeping your feet warm. I clearly missed out on this memo and went for ones that are majorly cut-out at the side. This means my feet are anything but warm, but at least they look nice!



7. Snoods: Apparently I also love nothing more than matching my scarves to my lips and nails too. My two most worn scarves are both from H&M, and are a rich purple and cream colour, respectively. It's ironic considering I mainly have my nails painted burgundy & berry or nude. I'm clearly nothing but thorough.



























8. CHRISTMAS: Yeah, I know this is more of a Winter essentials post, but Christmas is essential, right?! (I apologise if you don't celebrate Christmas, I tend to get a tad excited). Presents, food, Christmas TV, presents, chocolate coins, decorations, presents... OK, I'll stop now. I did debate including a Santa hat in this post, but I thought that might have been a step too far, or rather thought you all might think that. Bah Humbug. 

This may or may not be an accurate representation of my house when I'm older.
What are your Winter essentials?
Have I missed anything out?
Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment