Wednesday 9 September 2015

Statement Pieces For Autumn.

My addictions to shopping, fashion and Pinterest are really getting out of hand. In a way, they sort of go hand in hand. After all, four of my favourite Pinterest boards include Fall, Winter, Summer and Spring fashion inspiration. Here are a few pieces that have cropped up time and time again in the Fall board, perfect for the next few months...

  • Military Khaki Jackets/Parkas: Olive green for Autumn is almost like florals for spring (Florals? For spring? groundbreaking) but that's what makes it so right.  Not a fan of the military jacket? Try something else in an olive green or khaki shade, like jeans.
A-Line Parka, Stradivarius, £29.99
Elasticated Push-Up Trousers, Stradivarius, £9.99
  • White shirt: I understand that a classic white button down shirt can be worn any time of year, but there's no denying it's perfect for Autumn. Whether it's underneath an over-sized jumper or a coat, or worn on it's own, I'm sure that plenty of well known fashion faces will be sporting these this season. I currently have my eye on this one from H&M: 
H&M, £14,99.
  • Midi-Skirts: Let's face it, the weather's changed and it's just too cold to wear a mini skirt. Yes, you could wear one with tights, but sometimes I feel like it's too cold to wear a mini skirt on it's own but too warm to wear a mini skirt with tights, which is why the midi skirt is a perfect wardrobe pick with Autumn. 
Stradivarius, £3.99 (!!!) 
  • Floral Trousers: Floral isn't just for Spring. Autumn brings a whole new colour range to plants and flowers which is why floral prints are still seen doing the rounds during the cooler months. Trust me when I say, I'm a big fan of this trend.
Printed Trousers, ZARA, £25,99.
  • Wool Fedoras: As long as you can actually manage to keep them on your head, despite the wind, then these are perfect for keeping your hair out of your face and off of your lipgloss.
Classic Wool Fedora, Forever 21, £10


  • Camel Coats: I remember mentioning my love for all things camel (other than toe) during a post sometime last year. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect camel coat and I'm hoping that this Autumn is my time.
Joseph Brushed Wool And Cashmere Blend Coat, £565, Net-a-Porter
(Sorry)
  • Orange and Mustard: It was Sharpay that once said "If you own any orange, get rid of it" and, up until recently, I completely agreed with it. Just last week I was told I looked good in orange so, from this moment on, I'm following Olivia Palermo's lead and looking out for all things orange. 

Stripe Tipped Trim Crop Top, Topshop, £24.00

Let me know your statement pieces for Autumn in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment