Saturday 17 October 2015

Home Haul.

You'd think, considering I moved out and started my gap year just over a week ago, that a home haul would be the last type of post to be featured on my blog. After all, I'm currently dotting around the U.K, leaving for both Paris and Berlin soon, and then heading off to Australia. Exciting, I know, but has that stopped me from buying some stuff for my 'house'? No, it, hasn't...

  • K Coaster, Tiger: Because obviously this is exactly what everyone needs when they're off travelling. It's extremely breakable, so I actually ended up leaving it at home. While at home, instead of using it for mugs, I used it to keep my everyday jewellery on it. I do seem to love anything with my initals on it. I already own a Cambridge bag. I'll probably buy a cushion next (I do actually have one from M&S bookmarked).
  • K Initial: So, remember how a few paragraphs up I mentioned that I loved things with my initals on them? My door at home actually has four different K's on it, as well as an envelope with my name written on it and a sign that reads 'Kate's room'. Call me self-centred, but I do. We used to get them whenever we visited a new place, so they're very sentimental. This K was actually a gift from one of my friend's, so clearly my love of K's didn't go unnoticed. I don't know where it's from as I no longer have the box, but you can get them from IKEA, Urban Outfitters, Tiger, and many other shops! They're also paintable.
  • Postcards: Interior design is a passion of mine. Like fashion, it slowly crept up on me before I found myself scrolling endlessly through Etsy, Ikea and Ghost Parties interior design blog (you need to see it). I often lie in bed and think about how I'm going to decorate my future house. I want all the main things (walls, bedspreads, sofa) to be very simple and monochrome and then plan on livening the place up with bright cushions, rugs and pinboards, a bit like how I have my own room designed now. Back home, my walls are white, but covered in photos, glow in the dark stars (because I'm mentally five years old), dream catchers and memory boards, full of plane tickets, festival and entrance tickets and postcards. The ones I picked up recently, from Tiger, IKEA and Sostrene Greens have come with me, as I figure they'll brighten up any room and even work well as bookmarks. And who knows, I might actually end up sending one!
  • World Map, IKEA: Now this one is probably a bit more fitting and, well, large... I had planned on rolling this up and taking it in my suitcase but my Mother helped me make the rather smart decision of leaving it behind. I plan on going back for it soon and taking it one my travels, and pinning something to all the countries or states that I get to.
  • Water Bottle, Decathlon: I don't know if this one really counts as homecare, but it's not every day that you bring home a washable water bottle. It made me feel rather grown-up! I drink two to three litres of water a day, sometimes more, so this keeps me hydrated while out and about.


  • Magnets: Because obviously I'm also taking a fridge and/or a large chunk of metal in my suitcase just for my magnets. In all seriousness, I love quotes and anything with quotes on so couldn't resist picking these up at a local festival. Two are one of my best friends and the other two for me.
today I am going to achieve everything I set myself · a day changes living positively · it's a good day to have a good day · the mind is the same as a parachute. It only works if it's open

I'm in love with interior design, okay?! I just can't help it. A friend had to recently stop me from buying a teapot and matching mugs. Maybe one day?

Have you bought anything nice recently?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment