Saturday 3 October 2015

September Favourites.

Up until now, I've found monthly favourite posts to be a bit of a challenge. Living on a student budget, I've never really gone through enough beauty, skincare or fashion products to share with you each month, but that's about to change. I have no idea how, but I've really started to rotate my beauty products (and buy more), meaning new favourites and plenty to share with you all. Let's have a look at what I loved throughout September...

  • Unlimited Stylo Lipstick, Shade 003, KIKO, £6.90: I am SO excited for Autumn. All I seem to have talked about for the past few weeks is just how excited I am to wear a leather jacket and berry lip, but that hasn't stopped me from making the most of my Summer make-up, including this hot pink lipstick. So many people have complimented me on it and, since buying it, five of my friends have since gone out and bought it! It's matte but doesn't drag on the lip at all, is very pigmented and even smells of vanilla. It ticks all of the boxes and I'll definitely be going back for more.
  • Nail Lacquer, Shade 336 Electric Blue, KIKO, £1 (Currently on sale - RUN!): I guess, considering my first two products are from KIKO, the shop itself should be one of my favourites, but then again, when is it not?! I picked up this shade sometime mid-Summer, it quickly became one of my favourites and not just because of the colour. It is hands down the longest lasting nail varnish I've ever owned - it was over a week before it even chipped, and that was during a busy week! 
  • Gold Bar Necklace, H&M, 3.99€: (SIMILAR) I've always been a fan of chunky necklaces, my collection of them is proof enough of that, but I've recently been really getting in to simple jewellery, such as this necklace from H&M. I have a simple silver necklace with a small skull on it and now that I own this gold one, I have one that is perfect for any outfit. I like this one because it has different holes, so you can ajust the length of the necklace.
  • All About Eyes, Clinique, £26.50: September was a busy month for me, full of exams, work and many late nights. According to Clinique, All About Eyes reduces circles and puffiness, and I definitely noticed that throughout September. I get the most awful bags so I dread to think what my eyes would have looked like had I not used this cream.
  • Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner, Boots, £3.50 each: Just like skincare, I struggle to switch up my shampoo and conditioner. I've been told that it's bad to alternate between shampoos too much as it doesn't give your hair enough time to get used to them and it just ends up making your hair greasy or giving you dandruff, something I occasionally suffer with. I don't get dandruff enough to warrant using H&S shampoo, but I've found that Herbal Essences Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner both deals with my dandruff (How many times am I going to say dandruff? Also, TMI?) and also keeps my hair clean for longer than most other shampoos do. I've gone from washing my hair every other day to every three days. Oh, and let's not forget that it smells of coconut, AKA one of my favourite scents in the world.
  • Neutrogena Multi-Defence Daily Moisturiser, £7.85: I really struggle to find good moisturisers. I just find that they're either far too wet and greasy or that they don't do anything at all. One I've been loving over the past few months is a Clarins moisturiser (review on that coming soon!) but I've also recently been enjoying one from Neutrogena. I find that the Clarins one sits better under make-up and that my skin doesn't drink it up as much, but I've still been really enjoying this.
  • St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub, Boots, £4.19: I've always found it strange that people switch up their skincare routine each and everyday. After all, I struggle to change it every six months, if not every year. I don't really like to change anything up in case it breaks me out or has a negative effect on my skin. The most I really change is moisturiser, and that's just because it's run out and I've been given or recommended another one. However, I was recently given a face scrub from St Ives and I've actually been loving it. It's not my usual face scrub, so I've been alternating between the two. That's probably the most change my skin will see over the next few months...

What products have you been loving recently?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment