Tuesday 14 June 2016

What's in my Bag - Travel Edition.

While you're reading this, I'm exploring the amazing island of Singapore, no doubt eating noodles and taking a ridiculous amount of photos. Singapore has been on my travel bucket list for a while now, so I am very excited to be here - expect to hear all about it once I'm back. I find it mind-boggling that Singapore is closer to Perth, Australia, where I currently live, than Perth is to Sydney. So weird. Despite currently being in Singapore (today's my first day), I wrote this post 3,912km away back home in Perth, while packing my everyday bag that I would be taking around with me in Singapore. I'm not one of those people that carries a massive bag around everywhere, I like to keep it light and simple, while making sure to have all the necessities. Here's what I'll be carrying around with me...

Bag-wise, I like to carry a backpack, specifically the one pictured below. It's such a perfect size and saves me from getting sore shoulders or having to keep switching arms, and I find them harder for thieves to target, especially as I carry mine on my front when in areas with a lot of people (#FASHION). This particular backpack has a zip up strap so I can carry it on one shoulder or use it as a handbag, and is made of real leather so, despite the number of planes, trains and buses it's been on, has survived unscathed!




My cardholder or wallet are normally packed full, so before going away I like to have a good clear out, or just leave it all lying on my bed, ready to go back in once I'm back. In my cardholder I have two credit cards (I'd take one, but I like to make sure I have a spare, just in case!), my EHIC card, a copy of my passport (a must when travelling), a travel card, which I always make sure to pick up on my first morning in a new place, and some of the local currency, in order to avoid being charged for using my card.


I always make sure to have my phone and camera with me. If I'm anywhere for longer than a couple of days, then I tend to pick up a Pay as You Go SIM card, which are always pretty cheap. I've been told that Singapore has WiFi pretty much anywhere, so I doubt I'll be doing that this time. My camera is a Samsung ..... which, as far as point and shoots go, is incredible and has an insanely good zoom.

Pretty much anywhere I travel to is sunny, and even when it's not, I like to make sure I have a pair of sunglasses with me. My trusty Ray-Ban aviators go everywhere with me as they go with any outfit. I don't tend to carry around a glasses case with me as they can be pretty bulky - they spend most of the time on my face of tucked down my t-shirt. Another essential is a bottle of water. I'm one of those annoying people that drinks about 3-4 litres of water a day but, when travelling, it's just so easy to forget to keep hydrated. I normally just purchase a plastic bottle and carry that around with me. 

Other than that, I always pack my inhaler, a pack of tissues, hand sanitiser, a spare hair bobble & some bobbypins, whatever lipstick I'm wearing, powder and a mini brush.

What do you always make sure to have in your bag when travelling?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment