Sunday 18 September 2016

Autumn Essentials & The Dream Combo.

Having spent the past year travelling and basically chasing Summer, I'm actually looking forward to some cooler weather. I don't think I could ever pick a favourite season but there is something special about Autumn: the first evening curled up in bed with a good movie, Halloween & Bonefire night, being able to wear clothes or make-up that you haven't worn in a while and, of course, seeingthe leaves change colour and watching them fall to the ground. It's the best. Of course, I probably won't be saying that in a few months time when it's so windy that I get dreadlocks and my hair sticks to my lipstick, but still... Let's focus on the positive and take a look at what I'll be digging out for Autumn.



  • Red Lips and Nails: I love matching my lips with my nails, and Autumn is definitely the time to bring out the red shades of pretty much everything. I know a lot of people wear this duo at Christmas time too, but I much prefer glitter during the festive period, so always make the most of the red during Autumn. My go-to combination is from KIKO. (Lipstick: 84. Nail polish: 236.
  • High Coverage: Gone is the duey foundation and highlight that can me seen from Mars, it's time to bring out the high coverage foundation, with my favourite being Rimmel's 25 Hour Lasting Finish foundation. I actually use this nearly all year round but tried to have more no make-up days during the Summer, so will definitely be bringing this back out and giving it pride of place in my make-up bag.

  • A Change of Perfume: As well as switching up my skincare and make-up routine, I also love changing my perfume. During the warmer months, I used DKNY Eau So Intense Fresh Blossom but, for Autumn, I'm bringing out an old favourite: DKNY Be Delicious. It's easily one of my favourite perfumes in the world, so I'm very happy to be wearing this again.

  • Leather Jacket: If, like me, you spent two years searching for the perfect leather jacket, then you're going to want to wear it more often than not. After all, I'm the person who set the air-conditioning to about 10 degrees just so that she could wear her leather jacket inside. Mine is from the AW 2015 collection from Bershka, but Topshop and Mango currently have some amazing ones in stock!


  •  Books and candles: While most people seem to do the most reading during their Summer holiday, I much prefer being active and playing games in the pool, which is why I do most of my reading in Autumn and Winter. There is seriously nothing better than being curled up in bed, fairy lights on and scented candles lit, with a good book. Two books that are currently on my bedside table are The Girl on the Train and This Modern Love.

  • Boots: Goodbye flip-flops, so long sandals... I'm all about my reasonably new boots, especially as I haven't worn them as much as I would like. They go with practically everything in my wardrobe, both formal and informal, so I have a feeling these will be getting a lot of wear.


What are your Autumn essentials?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment