Thursday 3 November 2016

My Perfume Collection.

I've always wanted to do a perfume collection post, I just never thought I had enough. That's probably down to the instagrams, tweets and blog posts from popular bloggers containing more perfumes than Duty Free. How do they even use them all?! When talking to a friend, she pointed out that I have more than the average person. I gathered up my perfumes, laid them out on the dining table and realised she was right. After all, there are some still in their plastic packaging. I've actually recently had a clear out and have been using up as many products as I can, so there are less than there were. Let's have a look through my current collection, shall we?...


  • Jo Malone and Massimo Dutti: Let's talk about the Jo Malone perfumes first. Obviously Jo Malone perfumes are very expensive and I actually never buy these for myself. Both have been gifts. Well, they were give to my Mam and I happen to borrow them every now and again. She has been obsessed with Jo Malone for as long as I can remember, so I clearly get it from her. We both love the Nectarine Blossom and Honey, but there's just something about Pomegranate Noir that neither of us like. Nectarine Blossom and Honey has a lovely, light smell. The Massimo Duti perfume was also a gift. Obviously everything and anything from Massimo Duti is far too expensive for me to buy, so it definitely made for a lovely gift.


  • The Designer - Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh, DKNY Be Delicious and YSL Balck Opium: These are my favourite perfumes that I own. DKNY Be Delicious was my first proper designer perfume (I'm not sure if Mariah Carey counts?). I received it about six years ago and, to this day, it's still one of my favourites. I doubt I'll ever not love it. Next was Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Sunshine and I actually bought this one myself at Duty Free. I'd been on holiday to the U.K (exotic, I know) and had some left over spending money, so decided to treat myself to a perfume as my DKNY perfume was almost out and I fancied something new. I spend ages in the show, smelling and resmelling all the Marc Jacobs perfumes before settling on this one. I still have some left and am excited to try some other perfumes from Marc Jacobs. I think YSL Black Opium might just be my favourite perfume ever. Well, it's up there with DKNY Be Delicious anyway. Black Opium is made up of black coffee, vanilla and white florals. I also have DKNY Eau So Intense Fresh Blossom

  • The Highstreet - ZARA, Deliplus and Mango: As well as clothes, jewellery and shoes, ZARA offer a great range of perfume - and for affordable prices too. This 50ml bottle cost me 5.95€ (30ml YSL is about 40€). I've tried a few but Rose is one of my favourites. Deliplus is a Spanish brand, a bit like Boots' own brand or No7, that offers a great range of make-up, skincare, nail varnish and perfume. I haven't tried that many but love the ones that I have, especially Capri, which is such a Summery scent. The last one of the three is from Mango and is my least favourite. Just like the Jo Malone Pomegrante, it has quite a musky smell about it, a smell that I'm really not a fan of. This was a gift and as ungrateful as it sounds, I think this might be going to a friend's house soon. I also have the matching body lotion, which smells a bit better, though I still prefer DKNY's be Delicious.
  • The Samples: If, like me, you were or are a Vogue reader, then you know about the multiple samples which, more often than not, are perfumes. Though Vogue doesn't give out as many samples as it did before, there are still floating around inside the magazine. It's a great way to try out new make-up and perfume without having to pay the full price, though it does make you feel better about paying a whopping 4€ or however expensive Vogue is in your country for a magazine. Another way to get samples is to simply ask in shops, especially in Boots and Superdrug. The staff in Boots are usually quite happy to give you samples out of the drawers if you ask. If they say no, then just assure them that, if they do, you'll come back and buy it from them. When buying designer or more expensive perfumes, they more often than not come with samples which you can usually pick yourself. Jo Malone usually give out three or four, as well as hand moisturiser or a voucher. Make sure to be thorough when going through the straw packaging!


I'm hoping to add a Tom Ford and an Elizabeth James to my collection soon, and then I feel like I'll be done for a while.

What are your favourite perfumes?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment