Saturday 3 December 2016

How to Avoid Looking Like a Christmas Bauble.

I seem to have a bit of an obsession with glitter. Whenever I see something with even the smallest amount of glitter, my magpie tendencies come to life and I am drawn to it. I say this, but I'm not quite the type to go out in a dress made entirely of sequins. No, I like to think I'm slightly more subtle than that. Instead, I like to incorporate small amounts into my outfits, using things like this...

  • Nail Varnish: Though you may still be scrubbing it off some three weeks later, it does look gorgeous when it's on. Some of my personal favourites are from, shock horror, KIKO. They aren't actually that hard to get off and I've found that my most recent purchase, the gold, lasts longer than a week. Definitely a must.
  • Highlighter: This may not seem like the obvious choice, as most people tend to wear highlighter across their cheekbones on a day to day basis. I actually think that, if applied correctly to both cheekbones and brow bones, it can look amazing and really stand out. Think Kim Kardashian, for example. You could probably spot her a mile off just from the glint on her cheeks.
  • Eyeshadow: One of my personal favourites. You can apply it all over the lid, on your outer eye, inner eye... It can be just normal eyeshadow or a pigment. The options are endless! Though MAC, NARS and Bobbi Brown all offer a great selection of both palettes and single eyeshadows, they can be a bit on the expensive side. Once again, I'd reccomend KIKO. I have a lot of their individual eyeshadows, but I currently have my eyes (no pun intended) on all of their shadowsticks, as well as their wet look eyeshadows. They're just gorgeous. Max Factor also offer a great range of cheap products.

  • Eyeliner: The best thing about this look? It'll look so pretty and people will be more keen on asking you where it's from than pointing out that you haven't drawn a straight line. Charlotte Tilbury has a great variety of eyeliners that perfectly fit the mould, all for a reasonable price. Shadowsticks are also a great way to achieve this look.


What's your favourite way to incorporate a bit of sparkle into your look?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment